I’ve only been blogging for less than a month now and am still only coming to grapples with the way the blogsphere functions, so when in a matter of a week, three awesome bloggers whom I follow and look forward to reading, nominated me for a Liebster Award, I more than chuffed. Honestly, I am elated. I am frankly, clueless to the nature and stature of the award but I do know that I love it and I find it great that three outstanding bloggers thought about me. So here is huge ‘Thank you’ and a round of excited squeals coming your way. Thank you Rakhi, Jolene and Often Me. You guys rock! If you guys are not already following them then please check them out. Trust me, it will be worth your while.
So as you know, with great powers come great responsibilities and this award is no exception. Before I accept this award there are a few duties to fulfill,
- Link back and recognize the blogger who nominated me.
- Answer ten questions given to me by my nominator.
- Create ten questions for my nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
This is going to be slightly hard for me cause I was nominated by three people, so I am going to be answering 30 questions. Long, I know but I really don’t want to let down those who showed faith in me and nominated me. So here goes, my answer to their questions.
First, Rakhi aka Little Bliss Book’s ten
1.If you could follow your bliss what would it be and why?
Ans: Hmmm..This is a tricky one as there is quite a few things that give me real bliss. But If I could, I would be traveling to distant lands with my family in tow and with a suitcase full of books I’ve always wanted to read.
2. What do you notice/like first on a person, eyes or smile?
Ans: The smile. I always check to see if a person’s smile reaches their eyes.
3. What is your guilty pleasure?
Ans: Condensed milk. Its been a guilty pleasure all my life. I feel guilty not just cause its so terrifically calorie dense but also I feel quite sick after having eaten all that sugar.
4. What is on your wish list right now? (Can be an item, closing on a house, a romantic or job interest..anything)
Ans: A secure future. A solid secure future cause I wanna try having baby no: 2. 🙂
5. What is your happy song(s)? You don’t know why but it makes you smile.
Ans: Eric Clapton’s ‘Change the World’. Always makes me smile. A ton of memories attached to it too.
6. What’s something about yourself that people would be surprised to know?
Ans: That I am not an animal person. I dislike them. Sorry my animal loving friends. Animals scare me, every single one of them and so I dislike them. 😦
7. What’s something spontaneous that you have done or are dying to do?
Ans: I have been dying to go to the airport, pick a destination and fly there. Yup, travel without zero planning and to take a spontaneous holiday has been on my list of priorities. Someday..Someday soon!
8. Describe your fashion style.
9. What superpower would you have and why?
Ans: Fly. I want to fly. I am sick of the shoddy visa rules and cost of airfares.
10. What’s in you handbag/wallet aside from the obvious ID, cards, and money?
Ans: A few building blocks. I dunno why but my son sees to it that I always carry a few building blocks with me, perhaps for some building emergency? I don’t know!
Now, here are Jolene aka Valley Girl Gone Country’s questions,
1. If you had an undo button, what would you undo?
Ans: I would undo my choice of a Master’s Degree in applied Communications and would try Social Work instead.
2. Why do you blog?
Ans: I started to blog because I was afraid. I was afraid I was losing my ability to write. I work as a PR Consultant and my writing has been limited to Company literature and press releases. So when one day a friend asked me to help out and contribute a travel article to her magazine, I found that I was unable to write. As a person who takes huge pride in myself for my ability to write about anything, this was a shock. Thus I blog. To never lose focus from writing.
3. If you could change one thing about yourself what would it be?
Ans: My right hand. I had a shoulder injury at birth cause of which I cannot fully extend my right arm. I would like to change that and make it normal.
4. What is your “Super Power” that makes you different from all others?
Ans: I can make light of any situation. I might yell into my pillow at night but when the situation demands it, I can make light and diffuse the tension.
5. What did you want to be when you grew up?
Ans: A journalist.
6. Have you ever cried because you were so happy?
Ans: All the time. I am a very emotional person. I cry quickly.
7. What scares you the most?
Ans: Death of my loved ones, specially my son. I am a paranoid mommy when it comes to that.
8. What impact do you want to leave on the world?
Ans: None. I just want to live my life and get on with it. I have no plans for world peace.
9. Life is too short to tolerate _______________?
Ans: Backbiters. They need to die. *Glares*
10. What are you procrastinating on right now?
Ans: Getting a solid workout regime started.
Now the final 10 from Often I do think
1. What’s the meaning behind the name of your blog?
Ans: My first blog post answers that.
2. What is one thing a lot of people don’t know about you?
Ans: People always overestimate me. They think things come naturally to me. It does not. I work very hard for it.
3. What five words do you think your closest friends would use to describe you?
Ans: Crazy, Mad, Humorous, Spontaneous and a Foodie
4. If you were a superhero, who would you be?
Ans: Superman. I want to fly.
5. If you could go back to any time period, what would it be?
Ans: Back to my college/university days. Life was so much simpler then.
6. If you could live in any country other than your own, where would you choose and why?
Ans: France. I love how French rolls off the tongue, so posh. Also, I love French food.
7. What is one non-technological item that you could NOT live without?
Ans: Besides family, books.
8.If you could shift into any animal, what one would you try first?
Ans: A horse perhaps. I don’t know. I’ve never thought of becoming an animal.
9. If you were to be acting in a Disney movie which would it be and why?
Ans: That’s easy, Monstors Inc. I love Sully and Mike.
10. You can have a half-hour conversation with any fictional character. Who do you choose?
Ans: That is also super simple. I’d like my conversation with Fred and George Weasley. I want to know more about Hogwarts and who better to tell me than those pranksters.
So that’s done then. I’ve answered my 30 questions. Phew! No, it was fun!
Now, here are my nominees, drumroll please…
You guys totally deserve this. I hope you have as much fun accepting this award as I did mine. Here are your 10 questions,
1. Tell me 5 random facts about you.
2. Favourite subject in school and why?
3. First crush/love. Why? I need all the dirt..:)
4. What is the current state of your bedroom?
5. Favourite meal?
6. Name one Fictional character you wanna trade life with for a day.
7. Which reality show would you like to be on and why?
8. What makes you sad?
9. What do you deem the perfect punishment for rape?
10. What would you pick, an all expense paid long holiday in France, a lottery victory without knowing what the prize is or 5 minutes of immense joy?
I am really excited to be reading your response. Enjoy!